The purpose of this workshop is to carry out a public discussion about the redevelopment of Aleja Wojska Polskiego, to exchange experiences, diagnose problems and identify the main aims of the activities. It also asks for the commitment of local societies and businessmen as well as authorities; furthermore, it tries to divide the areas of activities for the main initiators and participants of this event.
The conference will be guided as a 2-day urban and architectural session.
The organisers are counting on the active participation of the invited guests including citizens, owners of properties, businessmen and investors who are located in the region of Aleja Wojska Polskiego. Moreover, the organisers would like the workshops to be open for people from scientific and artistic communities, local government, media, politics and the inhabitants of the city.
Among the invited participants there are certain reputable architects and urban planners, experts in the field of public space design:
- Lars Gemzoe — Gehl Architects, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Miller Stevens — Machleidt + Partner, Berlin, Germany
- Jarmo Eskelinen — chairman of Forum Virium Helsinki
- Romuald Loegler — architect
Introducing lectures will be delivered by:
- Piotr Mync — Deputy President of the city of Szczecin
- Jarosław Bondar — Architect of the city of Szczecin